The city of joy, Kolkata has its own uniqueness in the style.
- Kolkata,formally known as Calcutta, where morning starts with hot tea in a matir bhar. Along with hinge r kachouri and cholar dal and mouth watering jelabi.
- The 1st name which comes in your mind with the word Kolkata is the person who, for the first time not only in India but also in entire Asia, honored by NOBEL PRIZE in 1913 for his enormous contribution in Bengali Literature, Kabiguru Rabindra nath Tagore. (Writer of GETANJALI).
- Kolkata where if we can’t find a book in library, we will definitely find that in college street “boi para” Book market.
- The word Kolkata when comes in our ear, the 1st thing which comes in our mind is Howrah Bridge which connects Kolkata and West Bengal. Howrah Bridge is also known as Rabindra Setu.
- Not only that, it has been featured in many movies of many languages like Gunday, Love Aaj Kal, Barfi!, Tamil film Aadhavan, Malayalam Film Calcutta News, Roland Joffé’s English language film City of Joy and many more.
- Kolkata which is famous for the most yummiest sweet dish…”RASGULLA”. Exploring Kolkata remains incomplete without giving the taste and flavor of rasgulla to your taste buds. Not tasting it is equal to making crime with yourself.
- Kolkata, where the touch of the hands of potters turn a pile of hay and clay into gorgeous idols. And the scentof the mixture of hay and clay makes the place more interesting.
- Kolkata where there is no ending fight within Ghati and Bengal…With Hilsa– Prawn and Mohanbagan – Eastbengal.
- The oldest cricket stadium of India, EDEN GARDEN, situated in the heart of Kolkata.
- The ultimate magnificent beauty of Kolkata turns up during Durga Puja, an annual Bengali Hindufestival that reveres the goddess Durga.
- Kolkata, where one can not only still hear the running sound of tram, but also was introduced by British in the year of 1873 for the first time in India.
- Kolkata where hand pooled Rikswa still holds the legacy of the essence of old Kolkata.
- Coffee house, the word itself brings a rush in blood of every traveler who really wants to explore the culture of the city. Just make a step in the Coffee House and you can get a glimpse of old Kolkata which is the most favorite place of all the poets, story writers, Script Writer etc. In today’s scenario there may get Coffee shops, cafe in addition, but nothing can replace the coffee house, which holds the memory of golden era.
Coffee House reminds us the famous song:
“Coffee houser sei adda-ta aaj ar nei aaj aar nei
Kothay hariye gelo sonali bikel gulo sei aaj aar nei”
—Singer – Manna Dey
Music – Suparnakanti Ghosh
Lyrics – Gauriprashanna Majumder